About Our Clinic
Founded in 1984 Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center was Mississippi's first full-service orthopaedic speciality practice, and remains the states leading provider of orthopaedic care today.
Mississippi Sports Medicine is uniquely qualified to treat orthopaedic problems and the athletic injury with sub-specialized expertise utilizing the latest procedures and state-of-the-art technologies and equipment to guide patients through rehabilitation to complete recovery - all under one roof.
Each of our experienced physicians is board certified and fellowship trained. Our upper extremity, lower extremity and total joint specialists have performed literally tens of thousands of shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee and foot procedures.
Our core competencies include clinical examination and surgical repair/replacement of shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot/ankle, including general orthopaedic problems such as fractures, tendinitis, arthritic joints, bursitis, and bunions. We also offer digital X-Ray and MRI scans on-site.
We are Mississippi's only full-service provider of specialized orthopaedic care. Our 44,000 sq. ft. health-care facility includes a fully-equipped physical therapy center with a hydro-therapy pool and licensed therapists on-site to guide patients through objective therapy to full recovery. Learn more.
Strong Community Presence
At Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, our service to the community, including the Mississippi high school and college coaches and athletes we diligently support each year, extends far beyond the walls of our clinic. We offer:
- Free annual health screenings for 5,000 area male and female high school and college athletes each year at the Mississippi trade mart.
- Free Saturday morning exams with X-Rays during football season - to examine high school athletes injuries occuring during Friday night football games.
- Free coverage at games/events: high school, recreational, state championships, all-star games, public/private school games. We serve as the official team physicians for 6 of 10 four year colleges, and 4 junior colleges in Mississippi.
- Total outreach trainers (9 full time trainers visiting 120 plus schools per week) within our program started in 1989.
- Indigent health insurance ($27,000), through our Foundation, to Jackson Public Schools with a lifetime donation exceding $250,000.
- Periodic presentations at coaches association meetings to provide overview and instruction of sports medicine.
- Athletic student trainer scholarships at select colleges.
- Annual high school student trainer workshops (January - June), one Saturday per month teaching first aid and anatomy (with transportation provided to and from our clinic).
- Annual financial support/sponsorship of area athletic organizations , including the Mississippi Association of Coaches, MS/AL All-Star Games, MSHAA, MPSA, MACJC, Dixie National Rodeo, etc.
Patient Benefits At-A-Glance
- 44,000 sq. ft. facility is a "one-stop shop" for all patient needs.
- Sub-specialized care for shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot injuries.
- Statewide presence with clinics in Jackson and Madison and satellite clinics in Brookhaven, Cleveland, Magee, and Yazoo City.
- Athlete accessibility to physicians at point of injury (high school and college football).
- Free Saturday morning exams during football season for Friday night high school game injuries with insurance paying for X-Rays.
- Insurance friendly and hospital diverse.
- State-of-the-art Physical Therapy Center puts therapists on-site to provide follow-up care.
Your injury deserves the care and attention of an experienced orthopaedic specialist.