Footwear plays a large role in the development as well as the prevention of foot and toe problems such as bunions, calluses and corns, and hammer, claw, and mallet toes. Shoes that don't fit properly make these conditions worse and more painful.
- A comfortable, well-fitted shoe offers you the best chance of:
- Relieving pain in the foot or toe that is caused by a deformity or joint problem.
- Preventing a foot or toe problem from developing or getting worse.
- Preventing a toe joint problem from returning after corrective surgery.
- Before shopping for shoes for your foot problem, ask your foot health professional for recommendations.
What are some common foot problems?
Why is good footwear important?
How do I find the right shoes?
Where do I go from here?
Return to topic: