James Randall Ramsey, M.D.
Dr. Randy Ramsey is from Winona, Mississippi. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in general science from Mississippi State University in 1985, a Bachelor of Science in physical therapy from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 1988, and a Master of Science in exercise science from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1990, Dr. Ramsey attended and received his doctor of medicine degree in 1995 from the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Dr. Ramsey's professional training in Orthopaedic surgery incudes a one year transitional internship at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science, and the completion of his orthopaedic surgery residency in 2000 also at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science. Dr. Ramsey completed a sports medicine fellowship in 2001 with the Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance / The Lipscomb Clinic in Nashville. Dr. Ramsey is Board Certified in the specialty of orthopaedic surgery, with a special interest in shoulder surgery and he also holds an American Board of Orthopaedic Sugery Subspeciality Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Honors & Awards
- Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Teaching Award, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Surgical Service Chief Resident at Central Arkansas Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1999-2000
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Secretary/Treasurer 1994-1995
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Honor Graduate, Cum Laude, University of Mississippi Center School of Medicine
- Honor Graduate, University of Southern Mississippi
- Outstanding College Students of America, 1998, University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professions
- President's Scholar, Mississippi State University
- Dean's List Scholar, Mississippi State University
- National Dean's List Scholar, Mississippi State University
- Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society