Jason A. Craft, M.D.
Dr. Jason Craft was born and raised in Brandon, Mississippi. After finishing at Brandon High School, Dr. Craft then graduated summa cum laude from Mississippi State University with a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology. Subsequently, he graduated as valedictorian of his medical school class at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2001.
Dr. Craft’s professional training in orthopedic surgery includes his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center which finished in 2006. During Residency, Dr. Craft completed at 2 month AO International Orthopedic Fellowship in Freiberg, Germany. Residency training was followed with a year of fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. During that fellowship, Dr. Craft assisted in the management of athletes with the NFL Houston Texans, MLB Houston Astros and the University of Houston athletic department. Dr. Craft is still an assistant team physician with the Houston Texans during the annual NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Dr. Craft began his career with nearly 5 years of practice at the University of Mississippi Medical Center specializing in arthroscopic treatment of injuries of the hip and knee. He joined the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center in 2012. He is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Honors and Awards
- Walter S. Leathers Award – Medical School Valedictorian
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Dean’s Award, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Department of Surgery Prize, 2001
- Donald T. Imrie Award – Orthopedic Surgery, 2001
- William K. Purks, M.D. Merit Scholarship, 2000
- Bradley Baker Memorial Scholarship, 2000
- Rice-Holland Memorial Award - Pharmacology, 2000
- Ernest W. Goodpasture Award - Pathology, 2000
- Thomas J. Brooks Award in Preventive Medicine, 2000
- W. B. Saunders Medical Physiology Award, 1999
- James A. McDevitt, M.D., Scholarship, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Book Award - Anatomy, 1999
- Raymond A. Alford Memorial Award, 1999
- Orthopaedic In-Training Exam Award - 2003, 2004, 2005
Professional Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons - AAOS
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine - AOSSM
- American Orthopedic Association – AOA, Future Leaders Program
- Arthroscopy Association of North America – AANA, Technology Committee – 2010-2012
- Southern Orthopedic Association
- Mississippi Orthopedic Society, Program Director Annual Meeting – 2010, 2011
- Mississippi State Medical Association