Penny J. Lawin, M.D.
Dr. Penny Lawin is originally from Apple Valley, Minnesota. After receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Bioengineering from the University of Illinois, Dr. Lawin entered medical school at Rush Medical College in Chicago and received the Doctor of Medicine degree in 1993.
Dr. Lawin's professional training in Orthopaedic surgery includes a one-year general surgery internship at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center. She completed her Orthopaedic surgery residency in 1998 at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Lawin completed a fellowship (extra specialty training) in foot and ankle surgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. Dr. Lawin is Board Certified in the specialty of Orthopaedic surgery with a special interest in foot and ankle surgery and she also holds an American Board of Orthopaedic Sugery Subspeciality Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine..
Honors & Awards
- Phi Eta Sigma - Freshman Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Scholastic Honor Society (University of Illinois)
- Rush Medical College: NBME Certification Committee, Research Subcommittee
- Dean's Office Research Scholarship
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Piedmont Orthopaedic Society Southern Medical Association Southern Orthopaedic Association