Trevor Pickering, M.D.
Watch Dr. Pickering on Youtube
Dr. Trevor Pickering was born and raised in Santa Monica, California. He graduated from the University of California at Berkeley and received his Master’s degree from Columbia University in New York City. While working on his PhD at Columbia University, he also completed studies in Oxford, England, and Paris, France. Dr. Pickering earned his Doctor of Medicine at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Pickering’s professional training in Orthopaedic surgery includes a completed Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Duke University Medical Center in 2007 and a Fellowship in total joint replacement at the Center for Hip and Knee Surgery in Mooresville, Indiana. Prior to joining Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Dr. Pickering was in private practice in Oxford, Mississippi. Dr. Pickering specializes in hip and knee replacement. He has published numerous articles and book chapters on the subject of joint replacement and has research interest in long-term outcome of hip and knee replacement, pain management, blood conservation, and minimally-invasive surgical techniques Dr. Pickering Discusses a New Hip Replacement Procedure with WLBT TV.
Honors & Awards
- J. Leonard Goldner Resident Research Award, Duke University Medical Center, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Young Investigator’s Award, Joint Arthroplasty, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- NIH General Medical Science Research Fellowship
- Orthopaedic Research Scholarship, Duke University Medical Center, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Davison Council, Duke University Medical School
- President’s Fellowship, Columbia University
- Head Preceptor, Columbia University
- Ecole Normale Supérieure Dissertation Fellowship, Columbia University
- Preceptor Fellowship, Columbia University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Piedmont Society
- Southern Orthopaedic Association